Friday, January 24, 2014

Friday Five

Why is it that weeks following a three-day weekend always feel the longest?

This week has been a bit of an emotional roller-coaster in our house, and I am glad that it is finally over. Though I don't think the roller-coaster is over, I find it easier to deal with stuff when I am not also at work. Let's just jump right in, ok?

one:// Like my new header? I am trying to tweak it just a bit more before it is exactly how I want it, but I have to say it is a bit of an improvement. Anyone have any suggestions to make it not so tall?

two:// I admit, I have struggled a bit this week with my eating. And by this week, I mean last night. I had a bit of a stress-eating binge. Not as bad as I thought when it started, but it wasn't pretty. But, today is a new day, and I am making better choices.
Today is a new day :-).  I'm so thankful that I pray to a God who forgives me when I have fallen into the depths of the devil.  Satan will sneak in any chance he can and it feels so good to know that he's gone today.  Thank you Lord for loving me.

three:// Julian and I have a date night planned for tomorrow at a restaurant I have been wanting to try forever. It's a part of Columbus Restaurant Week, AND they serve Mexican food, which is by far my favorite.

four:// Sunday I am meeting my friend to go try on/pick out bridesmaid dresses for her wedding this summer! I couldn't be happier for her, and even though I am nervous about trying on dresses when I am no where near when I want to be size-wise, I know that this will just motivate me even more.

five:// I had such a great time catching up with my friend who is having a baby (babies and multiple weddings this year, yay!), and seeing how excited she is. I am still constantly amazed that we are old enough for this stuff! haha


Positive.

5 comments:

Shesabigstar said...

It's hard to fall off track with your eating, even if it's just for a day, because you (at least I do!) feel like I'm blowing the progress I've made. But one day certainly won't stall your progress... just get back on track the next day and keep going! Enjoy your weekend!

Elise @ Cheers Yall said...

Love that positivity quote! Amen! Have a happy date night, you two! :)
xx

Rychelly said...

needed that quote today! I fall off track with eating all the time. Its so hard to stick to things sometimes. Happy weekend!

Liz @ Fitness Blondie said...

I hope your weekend has been enjoyable. It soundd like after the week you had, a lovely date night is exactly what you needed. It was restaurant week here in Charlotte, NC too. XO

Brenda @ Chatting Over Chocolate said...

Stopping by from the link up. Hope you enjoyed your dinner date {cannot go wrong with time with your & Mexican food!} ...& that dress shopping was a blast!! {congrats to your friend!} Enjoy the fresh new week to come! XO.